Charcoal … discovered by ancient Egyptians over 4000 years ago it was first used to manufacture bronze and embalm corpses for mummification. Not only did they discover the amazing preserving properties but also used it for medicinal purposes, writing and absorbing unpleasant odours.
Fast forward through the ages the discovery of charcoal and its numerous benefits leaves little wonder that it is one of the most healing and popular ingredients in skincare and the health industry today. Just some of the benefits and uses of charcoal include:
• Amazing antibacterial and antiseptic properties
• Purification of water, air and the soil we grow food in
• Treating many different illnesses such as epilepsy, anaemia, and vertigo
• Used daily in medical facilities for drug and food poisoning, kidney and liver dialysis
• machines, to wound dressings, to anemia for cancer, and much more.
• Veterinarians also use charcoal for our furry loves that ingest anything harmful
Charcoal = your genie in a bottle.
So as you can see, with the history of this unique ingredient combined with the extraordinary benefits, we are bursting with excitement to introduce you to the esmi Charcoal Detoxifying and Exfoliating Serum.
But first … let’s talk about your skin.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could hop out of bed, shimmy out of our old skin like a snake and face the world unblemished and fresh-faced? Well, our skin is a little more fascinating, so fascinating, that if we had to journal exactly what it was doing right now, we would be writing until we die!
Our skin is continually shedding in patches (without us even knowing) and new skin cells are constantly replacing those that have been lost. The cells responsible for this shedding action are called keratinocytes, and they make up 85% of the epidermis (the outermost layer of our skin). These cells have two major roles, the ability to actively divide and differentiate. Your age, genetics, hormones and lifestyle factors determine the rate at which these little guys divide, shed and renew. In your 20s your cell turnover is approx 25+ days, 30s 35+ days, 40s 45+ days and so on. This shedding process can be impacted by the craziness and business of our lives.
How can you tell?
• Is your skin rough or flaky?
• Uneven in appearance?
• Dry or scaly?
• Presenting fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation?
If you answered yes to any of the above, we can assist. Whilst we can’t stop the clock on ageing and we can’t change the skin type you were born with, we can introduce healthy habits and skin feeding ingredients to accelerate and activate these keratinocytes to work more efficiently, resulting in clearer, more radiant skin.
Healthy skin starts from within.
Choosing to eat organically and eating wholefoods is the first best step. Vital for keeping your skin plump from the inside out, include essential fatty acids as part of your diet (good fats such as avocados, nuts, seeds, fish etc.) Drinking 3-4 litres of water a day will also help to flush toxins, hydrate the skin and keep your body functioning at its best. Combining a healthy diet, exercise and skincare routine is a ‘triple threat’ to preserving a youthful appearance.
Charcoal + your skin = real results!
This cocktail of powerful ingredients delivers the very best food to excite your skin cells and get them communicating. esmi Charcoal Detoxifying and Exfoliating Serum was designed to gradually exfoliate, smooth skin and draw out skin impurities.
Fuelled by glycolic, lactic and citric acid, these ingredients help to break down the ‘bonds’ or ‘glue’ that hold your surface dead skin cells together allowing them to shed off. This action unleashes fresh new skin, refines rough skin, stimulates cell turnover and allows for better product absorption.
Grape seed oil, simmondsia chinensis seed oil (jojoba seed oil) and vaccinium myrtillus (European blueberry) have powerful antioxidant properties to fight free radicals and prevent the ageing. Improve your results by applying your favourite esmi Skin Treat once removing the Charcoal Serum. The inclusion of 24K gold flakes assists in increasing skin elasticity, blood circulation AND the prevention of collagen breakdown. Our star ingredient charcoal helps to purify underlying clogging and congestion by drawing out toxins from your skin’s pores, while detoxifying and drying impurities. The anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties help to diminish bacteria and inflammation on the skin’s surface.
How to use your ESMI Charcoal Detoxifying and Exfoliating Serum.
1. Using the dropper, apply a pearl-sized amount to your esmi Charcoal Brush.
2. Massage into freshly cleansed skin, avoiding under the eye area, and allow to tingle. (The tingling may last from 5-10 minutes and may range from very mild to intense).
3. Leave for 5-10 minutes before wetting the charcoal brush and massage around the face to remove any softened dead skin cells before washing off.
4. If you want more of a tingle activate these ingredients further by adding a little water to your brush, continue to massage skin and remove after 5-10 minutes.
5. Pair with other esmi Skin Treats.
6. Can be used in a cycle of up to 5 consecutive nights with a 2-day break in between.
7. Use with caution if using in conjunction with other product containing AHA or BHA acid Ingredients.
Please note: The charcoal is a detoxifying ingredient and may draw out skin impurities.
Continue use after impurities have emerged. Protect your skin daily with a sunscreen.
Not sure where to start? Talk to our skin specialist team who will guide you through your FREE personal Skin Care Plan and help you get on top of your skin concerns today. The team at esmi are always here to support you on your skin journey.